IELTS at Home Now Available
Available in countries where IELTS testing has been suspended.
Testing provider IELTS has launched an at-home version of the exam called IELTS Indicator, an online test designed to support students during the Covid-19 situation and help them keep their education goals on track.
The IELTS at-home option is available in countries where IELTS testing has been suspended due to the coronavirus outbreak.
What is IELTS Indicator?
IELTS Indicator is an online test that can be taken from the comfort and safety of a student’s home. The test assesses four skills – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking, and test takers will receive an indicative score for each. The performance of the test takers will be marked by IELTS examiners. Results will be available within seven days. As IELTS Indicator provides an indicative score only, it is not accepted by all organisations. Before they book, students should check with their university or educational institution.
IELTS Indicator Checklist
Before booking their IELTS Indicator test, students need to make sure they have the necessary equipment and set-up. Here are the main requirements:
· A quiet & comfortable space to take the test
· A laptop or desktop computer (Mac or PC only, IELTS Indicator cannot be taken on a mobile or tablet device)
· A stable internet connection
· Speakers or headphones connected to your computer (for audio during your Listening test)
· A computer with microphone and camera for the Speaking test
· The I.D. document the student registered with for the speaking test